It all started in Charleston, WV in July 2002, when Jim & Dee Schaudek were presented with the inaugural trophy. This award has been presented at the award ceremony of the P.O.C.I. conventions since then. The official Chapter Award is a 12 X 14 plaque that has small, individual plates, with the names of past recipients and plenty of room for future candidates. Each winner is allowed to display the award for approximately 1 year. It must be returned 1 month prior to the current convention to insure its availability for presentation. An individual 5 X 7 plaque will also be presented as a permanent presentation to commemorate the event.
The best way to describe this award: A CAR SHOW WITHIN A CAR SHOW, WITH THE FINEST GRAND PRIX SELECTED BY YOU, THE CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP.
HOW DOES IT WORK? IT IS VERY SIMPLE!
1. Sign in at the Grand Prix Chapter’s table during the Convention to receive your official ballot (only these will be counted)
2. Review the Grand Prix Chapter’s Finest Guidelines
3. Ballots will be collected at the same table where you signed in and must be cast by the end of the popular vote deadline. Once your ballot is in the box, it is considered cast and cannot be retrieved, withdrawn or changed.
4. The winner will be announced during the Popular Vote Award announcement.
GRAND PRIX CHAPTER’S FINEST GUIDE LINES
1. You must be a Chapter member.
2. You must be registered for the convention.
3. Only Grand Prix’s in the Popular Vote & Road Warrior classes are eligible and must have GOLD seal on the placard ,all others will be discarded.
4. You must register to receive an official ballot.
5. Only official ballots will be considered.
6. One vote per Chapter member (husband & wife Considered 1 vote).
7. The VP will collect the ballots at a convenient location at the convention.
8. The Vice President and 2 appointed or volunteer Chapter members (no officers or advisors) will tabulate the results the day of the popular vote conclusion.
9. Ties will be determined by random drawing by another Chapter member, not currently on the committee.
10. All posted results are final.
11. Award will be presented during the Convention Award Ceremony.
12. Award winner agrees to return the Chapter award to the Vice President no later than June 20th the following year.
2002 Winner Jim & Dee Schaudek 1966 Grand Prix 421 Tri-Power
2003 Winner Bob Kopeika 1969 Grand Prix Model J
2004 Winner Bob Kopeika 1966 Grand Prix
2005 Winner Frank & Penny SanMarco 1966 Grand Prix
2006 Winner A J & Carol Koszi 1962 Grand Prix
2007 Winner Dave Brown 1970 Grand Prix Hurst SSJ
2008 Winner Ron & Nancy Maurer 1969 Grand Prix Model J
2009 Winner Joanne Engers 1969 Grand Prix Model SJ
2010 Winner A.J. & Carol Koszi 1962 Grand Prix
2011 Winner Arnold Krause 1963 Grand Prix
2012 Winner Discontinued until someone takes this on