2010 GRAND PRIX CHAPTER’S SLOW DRAGS RULES
1. Open to ALL Chapters of POCI with cars registered at the convention.
2. Your PINK SLIP NUMBER determines your first round race. BE THERE ON TIME, PLEASE, or you will be eliminated!
3. Engines MUST be running at the start line, in a forward gear, AND all during the race.
4. There are NO red light fouls.
5. Braked lights MUST be operational and ON at the start line.
6. If the brake light comes on ANY time after the start- the car will be eliminated (black flagged).
7. NO clutch slipping allowed nor can the clutch be depressed during the race (honesty will prevail).
8. Nothing outside the car is allowed to touch the ground, except the 4 tires (no anchors, cinder blocks, or tug ropes, trailers included)
9. No more than 50 people allowed in the car, or 10,000 lbs internal weight.
10. First car across the finish line will be BLACK FLAGGED and ELIMINATED; the second car will received the CHECKERED FLAG and will advance to the next round. LOSER MUST SURRENDER HIS/HER PINK SLIP TO THE WINNER.
11. RACE DURATION WILL NOT EXCEED: __45__ Seconds; which ever car is closest to the FINISH LINE will be BLACK FLAGGED and eliminated; the car closest to the START LINE will get the CHECKERED FLAG and will advance to the next round. SEE RULE 10: PINK SLIPS.
12. Sorry: NO on track grievances.
13. Tires must LOOK properly inflated.
14. Cars with air conditioning, SORRY- must be turned OFF during racing. (honesty will prevail)
15. NO working on cars once the race begins. Hoods must remain CLOSED until eliminated.
16. ALL cars MUST race in the forward position, (SAFETY FIRST, FUN SECOND)
17. HAVE FUN: CHEER FOR EVERYONE, LAUGH WITH EVERYONE AND TELL EVERYONE ! !
18. Trophies will be awarded to the FIRST & SECOND place finishers during the Award Ceremony at the Convention.
2009 Winner Gary Winters 1946 Streamliner Runner up John Links 1969 Lemans
2010 Winner Bud & Carole Schiefer from the Lincoln Highway Chapter 1960 Catalina, Runner up Dale & Diane Young 2004 Grand Am
2011 Winner Race canceled, poor track conditions.
2012 Winner Bud & Carole Schiefer from the Lincoln Highway Chapter 1960 Catalina
2012 Runner up Eric Gieras of Alsip, IL in a 1975 Grand Prix race car with a supercharged motor.
2013 Winner Canceled POCI not interested in giving us good space to run the race
2014-2015-2016 No Interest from POCI or anyone to run the race.